Toys R Us - Customer service

I went to purchase a car seat,the price of the display read $49.99 underneath there were about 6 boxes,I picked one and when I got to the checkout the price was 64.99 on sale I called the manager his name is dmitri, we went to the aisle and showed him the display he tells me that they merchandise according to the space which mean it doesn't matter if the product on display reads one price the boxes below it have another price and it's their merchandising people's fault because they haven't been trained properly they won't honor the price on the error, including the manager which he doesn't have a clue about customer satisfaction,he let me walked out and loose a sale instead of modifying the price at $20.00 less. I will add a picture below.the worst customer service people I have ever seen I don't know if that's how they are trained to perform or the corporate people have no idea who does the hiring of the store in Kendall Florida.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Go Green Highback Turbo Booster Car Seat
Review category
Kids' Stores
review #710589

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Toys R Us? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 5 No 5
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 03 #1087831

Firstly it seems as if you have mistaken the product you purchased with the sticker price of another product, but even if I am incorrect on this point:
Of course it is not the law to charge the price shown on the shelf. If that were the case I could wonder into any shop with a faked up price tag, then insist that the shop honers the "correct" price as shown on the shelf. It's logical.

Nov 18, 2015 #1065828

Maybe if you weren't a whinny customer someone would have helped you

Nov 05, 2015 #1059067

Price Match
Here are the guidelines:
● We will not match typographical pricing errors in advertisements or on our websites.
I hope this will help you :)
I understand your frustration but please do understand that the manager also need to follow some protocols.. I know they made a mistake, and now they are trying correcting it.

Oct 07, 2015 #1044411 Garfield, New Jersey

Your at fault here. The box clearly shows the picture of a different seat. The manager made the right call. Stop playing games and making peoples lives harder.

5 0 Reply

Oct 06, 2015 #1043786

It's against the law to charge a different price than the one on display. Report Dmitri to corporate and the store to the BBB.

0 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Toys R Us. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Toys R Us.
Filing a new complaint about