LEGO had a promotion with TRU last week (May 9-14) where they were giving a free Captain America polybag to any purchase of a LEGO set. I was at the West Des Moines TRU earlier in the week and asked if one could buy this polybag and a rep there said any remaining polybags after said promotion was over would be placed on the shelves for general sale.

I called the West Des Moines TRU on Sunday around 5pm and asked if any were still available. The first person I spoke to had no clue as to what I was asking about and he turned my call over to his manager and she said there were some on the shelves. So I thanked her and made my way there from the southside of town. When I got there about 20 minutes later, I had difficulty locating the item so I asked for assistance. Again, no one had a clue as to what I was referring to and I was finally directed to the cash register. None of the staff appear to know the products being sold in the store, let alone, appear enthusiastic to help - I understand it is almost the end of the work day but you are still on the clock and when a customer needs assistance, you assist with your best effort possible. At the register, I was finally told where to look for said item by the manager (the same person I spoke to earlier). When we got spot where she claimed the polybags were dsiplayed, there were none on the shelves (end cap). This manager said they were there a half hour ago when I called. She said this to me in the most nonchalant manner which led me to think she was pranking me all along. She could have said "Sorry you had to waste your time coming in as it appears we sold out all of them" or be flat out honest and told me on the phone that they were out of the polybags.

But no, her attitude and demeanor came across as "your loss sucker."

I don't expect a pity party but I would rather she be honest and tell me up front that they were out during my initial phone conversation and that would have saved my time and gas money. I believe the manager's attitude permeates down to all staff and this soured the entire shopping experience at this TRU branch. I do not plan on ever shopping at this location in the future and would discourage anyone from doing the same.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Toys R Us. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Toys R Us.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Kids' Stores category for more informed decision or compare Toys R Us to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Toys R Us?

Comments