Don't ever ever buy electronic item from Toys R Us unless you are 100 % sure you want to keep it. When I was ready to purchase the Ipod Touch 4th generation last month, I asked the worker at the cashier what was the return policy for the Ipod.

He said " Just return it within 45 days." I was happy with the policy, so I purchased the Ipod. Today I took it back to Toys R Us and tried to return it with the receipt and everything in the box, but the manager refused to return it. She said that the item had to be returned in an unopen box, and she pointed at the back of the receipt in fine print. That was the first time I read about the policy.

I told her I would never have bought the item had the worker told me that the item had to be returned in an UNOPENED BOX within 45 days when first inquiring about the return policy. He never mentioned about the item has to be unopened in order to return! This is deceiving! I trusted what the worker said about the return policy.

He omitted the most important information about the elctronic return policy. He tricked me, and I was deceived! What kind of return policy is this that you can never open the product to see how it works before you can decide if you want to return it!? what an unethical company!

They tricked and deceived customers. I would have bought my Ipod from Wal-Mart or Target where they do not have this kind of rediculous policy. I bought two Ipod from Toys R US, and I realized that one is sufficient for my family. But now I am stuck with both of them.

I learned a big and expensive lesson from this : I would NEVER NEVER EVER bought another electronic from Toys R Us, and I hope you do too.

Comments

Prescott, Arizona, United States #644743

you have two weeks for unopened electronics and 90 days for unopened toys WHERE CAN YOU RETUREN ANY ELECTRONIC OPEN AFTER 45 DAYS NO WHERE LADY I WORK FOR them AND YOU HAVE 2 WEEKS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BOX RETAILER must be unopened if opened can be exchanged for same item only if this policy is the same for walmart target sams costco bestbuy anywhere if you have any issue with it and hate it go threw the manufacture to have them issue a refund and a manager well not issue you a refund just because your mad im sorry you cant read you should really do your homework and read i know your not dumb your just want to play dumb to get what you want i see it all the time in retail

They Can and will return anything if you go about it the right way. The manager on duty has the ability to return anything.

They do not want calls to corprate it looks bad for them. They most often will do anything to avoid it. Try another store if you dont get what you want or try another time of the day. All depends on who you get to help you and how there day has been.

I have worked in Management for over 5 years at Toys r us. Sucks that is that way I know but it is what it is.

Wow people really, the woman is just telling her story and some people are pure evil. How can some of ya really be happy that she couldn't return the product back ....

You really need God in your little,evil devil filled hearts. ToysRus really does suck big time and as a professional company they should have the return policy on the receipt or have a sign stating it.

Same thing happen to me but thank God I know how to make people like me and always get my way, good luck honey n go to a different toyrus n sweet talk them ...

to MeanGirl #1035339

No one is being mean to her, they are just telling her the truth. Don't bring God into this.

They are not evil. You apparently do not know how to read as well. The policy was on the receipt, and I am sure it was written on a sign.

Being four years old and not being able to read is no exception. Besides she should have asked an adult first before making such an expensive purchase.

Toys R Us has a return policy that they never expressed at check out. The only thing it said was original packaging.

They should clearly state it can not be opened.

The Tabeo is an expensive horrible product. DO NOT BUY

1st of all for all the people saying to look at the back of the receipt, some toys r us stores don't even have the fine print on the back of it... So now what?.

How about giving some useful information for these customers. I bought a Tabeo for my daughter, after hearing that it's laggy unresponsive to touch and the battery dies in a matter of minutes I opened it to see for myself. So now your telling us that they shouldn't be able to give me my money back?

Because they sold me something that is garbage? I don't think so, reality check please.

I will n we buy another electronic from there.

You cannot really blame them because you don't know how to read or chose not to read.

to Jedi Knight Ethan Phoenix, Arizona, United States #586787

Your an *** for making that comment!

to Your Mama #1128188

They have a good point though.

@mary - pls read below AGAIN.

ok, once again lets state this for all the ignorant shoppers out there. THese are RETAILERS.

They sell products that are bought from manufacturers.

So guess what, if they are cheaply made then guess who you need to be complaining to. THE MANUFACTURER!!

#419523

absolute rubbish, i think they are a terrible company!

#419522

absolute rubbish, i think they are a terrible company!

#419106

PS The receipt does not state an RC Car is an electronic item.

#419105

I don't agree that RC cars are actually electronics and if it was is should be sold with their other electronic merchandise and not with toys. I also believe they write their policies the way they do because they know they are poor quality.

Their 800 cust svc is terrible leading you to believe your appeal will be considered and yet they lack the courtesy to reply. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANY RC CAR FROM THEM twice they sold non working merchandise and insist on an exchange even thouh it is returned the next business day.

Ive been to toys r us and actually bought a camera and it wouldnt work, they gave me a hard time, im like it doesnt work so finally they let me get another one...thats why i dont buy stuff from them...unless i cant find it somewhere else. Stuff is cheap from there too toys anymore SUCK. If it breaks the first time my child opens the box i want to return it plain and simple they wouldnt lose money if they carried good quality things!

to Toys r Us ***ks Orange, California, United States #1035338

Teach your child to be careful with expensive things and it won't be an issue, or better yet don't get him expensive things if he is not old enough to handle them.

wow way to be nice to others are we in highschool?? WOW.... how old are we now?

#371940

A company does not legally have to post return policies on their receipts. It is common sense of the person buying to understand the policy and the product they are getting.

The employees do not have to tell you anything about the return policy. In fact they can tell you to call the 800 number and talk to them if you want to get down to the fine details. You need to understand that you are a consumer and they are a retailer. They sell the item.

They have nothing to do with how it was made or if it works. And now a days most manufactures want to deal with it themselves, so a lot of companies dont allow returns of the product period.

decieved you? did you ever think of reading the back of your receipt before you opened the package?

the full return policy is on all store receipts almost everywhere that is just common sense to make sure before opening... and duh it has to be unopened? have you ever bought any electronics before?

thats the same everywhere...you shouldnt shop at toys r us anymore, matter of fact you shouldnt shop anywhere.... for the happiness of all retail employees

Most people research high priced electronics before buying. Stores would go out of business if they took back everything.