New Boston, Michigan

Started by the site not accepting my membership # so I logged on via an email hyperlink.

I placed six approved "ship to home" items in my cart, which amounted to almost $100. (Video games and controllers)

Shipping was supposed to be free for purchases over $49 but the site demanded almost $15 for S&H.

Tried to checkout to see if that would change but the site suddenly forgot I was logged on and again wouldn't accept my membership # so of course I wasn't able to use my points payout dollar they sent to me.

Called 1-800-869-7787 and after listening to the recordings, was transferred to a squealing fax line.

Called again, and again endured the same heavy call volume recording but eventually a human answered.

After I complied with the request for my name and phone number, I proceeded with explaining what happened.

I was told I'd have to place my order over the phone to remedy the issue.

I had hoped my order would be visible via my membership number but I was informed that wasn't possible.

Frustrated, I asked for a supervisor.

Eventually one came on the line but she reiterated that I'd have to repeat my order all over again.

I declined and tried to select the pick up in store option instead.

Unfortunately the site kept going to a blank page so I was unable to complete the purchase.

I used the "rate this page" link to complain.

Now this was around midnight. I received a reply around 10AM....that said:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recent visit to our website.

We appreciate the time you took to provide us feedback regarding your experience. I would like to take the opportunity to further assist you in placing your order or answering any questions you may have. We would appreciate a call back at your earliest convenience. We can be reached at 1-800-869-7787. We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jordan 7345

Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations

In other words...jump through hoops to get that free shipping.

I just wonder how many other people have been cheated by that phony free shipping offer.

I do not appreciate wasting my time like that.

I've ordered from many online sites and haven't had any issues with anyone else.

This experience with Toys R Us has been very disappointing.

Review about: Toys R Us Website.

Comments