Toys R Us - ILLEGAL

How in the World of Free Enterprise is it legal to take money and then give a piece of plastic that carries the value of the money for use at a later date, and now cannot use that piece of plastic that was paid for, that you collected money for and exchanged no goods. Isn't it FTC rules you must exchange goods for money to be legal?

I called a store today to use my gift card I was saving for my little girls birthday today.

They informed me it is no longer valid!!

What it is valued at the money you were given in place of the card to hold my spot so I could buy later! Even the mafia gives goods for service.

Im trying to figure out how its legal, to take money and then say, naa the card is not going to be excepted, but wait you still have my cash!

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: let me use my gift card that you have the money for! Simple.

Comments

They stopped taking gift cards for months, snowflake. Comparing the mafia to toys r us is hilarious.

You had obviously returned something without a receipt and received a gift card. The company is going under no thanks in part to people like you snowflake.

You are a day late and a dollar short nothing more. You seem to vilefy the company yet take NO responsibility. How many months have you been sitting on said card? Don’t hate them because YOU WAITED.

Don’t you watch the news at all? It’s been going under for almost 2 years!! I can understand being upset but take responsibility for YOUR screw up.

You waited and lost by waiting. It’s called life, deal.

to Durpa #1491016

You are an *** no i bought the card with Cash! Saved it for my little Girls bday.

That's It Simple.

Man do you wake up to see how big of an *** you can be!!! Get a life

to Durpa #1491039

Jerk. i paid Cash.

and saved it for my little girl. Get a life dude

Wrong, that is what bankruptcy is all about. Not illegal.

to Anonymous #1490623

Doesn't make it right! They took money in exchange for a rain check and they still have my money and rain check is not good.

Wrong is wrong no matter what you title it.

In a convenient store that's stealing. :/

View more comments

Toys R Us - New toy do not work

2.7

I purchased dinosaur toy in toyRus located in Norwalk CT, but toy dosnt work, the store is go out of business and they do not accept returns/exchange.

I need help!

Toys R Us - ***

Toys r us. A messed up company.

They will lie to there bank and credit company. About people accounts. I understand that are closing but they don’t have to ruled there paying customer. I just everyone know what they are doing.

They r hurting people credit. When I talked to toys r us.

They will blame the bank and Not admit that they in the fault. What a *** company.

Toys R Us - Gift card

I had my toysrus gift card and went to redeem yesterday and they said gift cards are not more allowed . It’s such a pathetic situation of not letting us use the card which we bought before .

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Toys R Us - Left on hold for 30 minutes

Layout of Store

Called the store in thornton Colorado and was left on hold for 30 minutes called back and nobody answered phone at 4 in the afternoon. No wonder they are closing the doors the customer service sucks with these people. Serves them right.

Review about: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Comments

Entitled snowflake: no one answers the phone around 4pm because like the previous comment said, they are busy helping customers who weren’t lazy and went to shop in person. They’re closing so no one cares about how you feel. #toughluck

Lmao maybe no one answers the phone around 4 pm because they help the customers that go in instead of calling on the phone! If you want to know about anything in the store it’s best to get up and go look yourself.

Especially if the store is closing. No one had time to help a customer on the phone with 30 questions.SORRY

Toys R Us - Awful company

Layout of Store

Long wait times useless people answering calls my time has been royally wasted

Toys R Us - My friend didn’t get LEGO pieces

MY FRIEND WAS PUTTING TOGETHER A LEGO FRIENDS SET AND SAW SHE WAS MISSING PIECES AND GOT MAD GIVE MORE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO OUT ON SWING FOR STEPHANIES HOUSE SHE IS RETURNING TMRW

Toys R Us - Didn’t get all my LEGO stuff

i didn’t get all my LEGO stuff that’s basically CHILD ABUSE so I’m returning it and the you will never see me ever again in your life YOU ARE THE WORST

Toys R Us - Take Your Business Elsewhere

On 2/12/2018, I purchased two items off of my friend's baby shower registry online. I checked out using PayPal and selected my home address as the delivery address.

An hour later, I checked my confirmation email and noticed that it was instead being shipped to my friend's address despite selecting my home address as the delivery address. I immediately talked to "Lori L." via online chat and was told that the shipping address could not be changed as there was only a "45-minute window" in which modifications to orders are allowed. Seeing as how the package was not scheduled to ship for several days, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was called (800-967-6500) by a woman who guaranteed that my shipment would be cancelled and that a refund would be issued to my PayPal account.

24 hours later, the package is still scheduled to be shipped to my friend's address. I called to speak with customer service and was told by a supervisor that the package would still ship and that there was nothing she could do about it.

She even stated that she was surprised another supervisor promised my order's cancellation as they lack that ability. In other words, I was lied to.

Review about: Misc Baby Items.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Delivery, Shipping item.

Comments

The same thing just happened to me! What website makes you choose a shipping address for EACH ITEM separately.

That's insane!

Now, my friend is getting some of her items delivered straight to her door prior to her shower and I am getting some of the items delivered to my house to wrap as gifts. :(

Toys R Us - Order Cancelled Twice

Layout of Store

I placed an order for a Graco Double Stroller they cancelled my order twice the first time my bank blocked my transation and the second time they said that the billing address wasnt corret which I don't believe because they were able to charge my card twice. They kept me on hold for over 2 hrs with no resolution.

Review about: Graco Double Stroller.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.