So I was looking to purchase a toy for my 22 mos old that I had on my Amazon wish list, then stumbled upon the Toys R' US website which offered for a little less with the "ship to store' option. So stoked, I got out my credit card and started the purchase process.

My local store offered the "Ship to Store" option so Yay!!! BUT NO when I get to pick the pick-up store location all 5 local stores were X'd out. I called Toys R' US Customer Service and was told that " Ship to Store'" basically means that it is available on the shelf of that store, not that you can have an item from the more vast selection available online shipped to your local store. DECEIVING.

The Customer Service agent by the way didn't even care when I told her I felt this way and that it made it cheaper elsewhere.

It wasted my time and I am not happy. I will pay a few $ extra to go elsewhere.

Review about: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Comments

I have the same problem! I was thinking something was wrong, that all of my local stores were greyed out for Ship To Store.

Because doesn't Ship To Store mean THEY will SHIP (as in transport from one location to another) my item to my local STORE? Apparently not. The only store that had the item in stock is a 35 minute drive away. I would have to go get it!

I can see why some parents I know boycott Toysrus. They have deceitful business practices.

I will keep that in mind while doing my HOLIDAY shopping. Thanks