1.1K views
2.8

My son received a gift (with a gift receipt) from extended family for his birthday. Was told that they bought the protection plan.

The bottom of the gift reciept says "one or more items on this receipt include a square trade protection plan. Please retain this reciept for proof of eligibility. for details or service visit squaretrade.com/toysrus or call 1877warranty"

I called after the toys broke, and the custmore serivice person said that becuase I didnt have the stores orignal recieprt that they couldnt help me. So they patched me through to toysrus.

The person there said he could not provide the info I needed to "trade" my sons broken toy.

Is this some kind of joke. Why buy the protection plan if you cant give the item as a gift. Why doesnt someone explain this to customers who are gifting the item bought.

The whole thing is a scam and I am so angry about this policy. DONT BUY THE PROTECTION PLAN IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GIFT THE ITEM. THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH A GIFT RECEIPT.

The two companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of toys r us protection plan from Toys R Us. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Toys R Us to have the product delivered.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Toys R Us for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments