Toys R Us - ILLEGAL

How in the World of Free Enterprise is it legal to take money and then give a piece of plastic that carries the value of the money for use at a later date, and now cannot use that piece of plastic that was paid for, that you collected money for and exchanged no goods. Isn't it FTC rules you must exchange goods for money to be legal?

I called a store today to use my gift card I was saving for my little girls birthday today.

They informed me it is no longer valid!!

What it is valued at the money you were given in place of the card to hold my spot so I could buy later! Even the mafia gives goods for service.

Im trying to figure out how its legal, to take money and then say, naa the card is not going to be excepted, but wait you still have my cash!

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: let me use my gift card that you have the money for! Simple.

Comments

They stopped taking gift cards for months, snowflake. Comparing the mafia to toys r us is hilarious.

You had obviously returned something without a receipt and received a gift card. The company is going under no thanks in part to people like you snowflake.

You are a day late and a dollar short nothing more. You seem to vilefy the company yet take NO responsibility. How many months have you been sitting on said card? Don’t hate them because YOU WAITED.

Don’t you watch the news at all? It’s been going under for almost 2 years!! I can understand being upset but take responsibility for YOUR screw up.

You waited and lost by waiting. It’s called life, deal.

to Durpa #1491016

You are an *** no i bought the card with Cash! Saved it for my little Girls bday.

That's It Simple.

Man do you wake up to see how big of an *** you can be!!! Get a life

to Durpa #1491039

Jerk. i paid Cash.

and saved it for my little girl. Get a life dude

Wrong, that is what bankruptcy is all about. Not illegal.

to Anonymous #1490623

Doesn't make it right! They took money in exchange for a rain check and they still have my money and rain check is not good.

Wrong is wrong no matter what you title it.

In a convenient store that's stealing. :/

View more comments

Toys R Us - ***

Toys r us. A messed up company.

They will lie to there bank and credit company. About people accounts. I understand that are closing but they don’t have to ruled there paying customer. I just everyone know what they are doing.

They r hurting people credit. When I talked to toys r us.

They will blame the bank and Not admit that they in the fault. What a *** company.

Toys R Us - Left on hold for 30 minutes

Layout of Store

Called the store in thornton Colorado and was left on hold for 30 minutes called back and nobody answered phone at 4 in the afternoon. No wonder they are closing the doors the customer service sucks with these people. Serves them right.

Comments

Entitled snowflake: no one answers the phone around 4pm because like the previous comment said, they are busy helping customers who weren’t lazy and went to shop in person. They’re closing so no one cares about how you feel. #toughluck

Lmao maybe no one answers the phone around 4 pm because they help the customers that go in instead of calling on the phone! If you want to know about anything in the store it’s best to get up and go look yourself.

Especially if the store is closing. No one had time to help a customer on the phone with 30 questions.SORRY

Toys R Us - Order Cancelled Twice

Layout of Store

I placed an order for a Graco Double Stroller they cancelled my order twice the first time my bank blocked my transation and the second time they said that the billing address wasnt corret which I don't believe because they were able to charge my card twice. They kept me on hold for over 2 hrs with no resolution.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Toys R Us gets an F!

(My letter to Toys R us) I am writing today to complain of the poor service I received from your company on January 10, 2017. I placed an order on 1/04/2017 using a gift card for Black Chicago Bullet Speed Skates for my 9 year old son (item #: 6688272).

As my son anxiously awaited the arrival, we received them on Monday 01/08/17. At our disappointment, we opened the box to find a pair of pink and white skates. My son was devastated. According to your Instructions (attached) in the box, I could return them back to the store.

I made a plan to do so on Wednesday 1/10/2017 after work. So I did just that at 4:38pm. The gentleman at the customer service was just that, a gentleman. He reassured me that I ordered the correct skates and that Toys R Us sent me the incorrect skates.

He then refunded me and gave me a merchandise credit card. Once I arrived home, I immediately called the customer service number 800)869-7787 and reached a young lady named Iesha or Myesha. I explained their mistake and proceeded to order the correct skates again. I gave her my Toys R Us merchandise credit number.

And she replied she would not be able to take a TOYS R US merchandise credit for an online purchase. At this point, I’m confused and rather annoyed. I asked to speak to a manager. After 20 minutes of being placed on hold, I received Lily.

Lily lacked compassion in my opinion. She stated the store should have told me that the TOYS R US merchandise credit could not be used for an online purchase as well and the store should have told me that. She also stated I should have called the 1-800 number before returning the skates to my local store. Nowhere, on the instructions in the box does it say I must call first.

She only gave me 1 option. And that was to go back to the store which is 22 minutes away from my home. And at this point I became livid that this was my only option. That’s a total of 88 minutes of driving and 3 hours of my time, energy and gas that I’m spending to correct the mistake of your incompetent employees.

I am most annoyed that I wasted an evening correcting your company’s mistake. I am a RN nurse manager and if any of my staff lacked the compassion that LILY lacked, they would no longer be employed at my center. It would have been a great gesture if Lily would have transferred the Merchandise credit from Toys R US to a gift card and completed my transaction as a way to resolve their mistake. She told me that the store manager stated I had to return back to the store before 9pm in order to have my refund granted.

I returned back to Toy R Us. I addressed the issue with the gentleman at the customer service counter and he was also confused. He stated he has issued a merchandise credit in the past for an online purchase without any problems. I addressed the issue with the store manager, DeJuan, who also appeared confused about the policy.

He then proceeded to order the correct skates online using the TOY R US merchandise credit initially issued to me. He apologized and stated he did not understand why Lily could not so the same. My impression of Toys R US has been tarnished, and my family and I will not ever make a purchase from Toys R US. I thanked DeJuan for making a very angry customer better.

I trust this is not the way Toys R US wishes to conduct business with valued customers—I have been with you since 1990 and have never encountered such treatment before. My time is very valuable to me and I don’t appreciate having to spend my time from 4: 38pm to 7:09pm handling the mistakes of your employees. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.

Attached please find all receipts for the transactions related to this incident.

Kudos to DeJuan and the gentleman at the c/s desk. I commend their efforts in quickly resolving this issue.

Toys R Us - Double Charged with NO HELP

2.2

I will never order online from Toys R Us again. I placed an online order over two weeks ago totaling somewhere in the amount of $129.

This charge was then naturally pending in my account. After about 4 days, the pending charge vanished, thus adding money back to my available balance. I luckily saw this, and figured out that they were taking a charge for each item when it actually shipped. Inconvenient, but okay.

I knew I had to keep this in mind while buying anything, as we live pay check to pay check and it's tight right now. The final charge came out for around $42, days AFTER we already received the item. Mind you this order was OVER TWO WEEKS AGO... The next day, a charge for the exact same amount posted as pending, so now there are TWO charges pending, thus affecting my available balance.

I knew this was an obvious mistake. I called Toys R Us and due to their astronomical wait times a "Customer Service" rep called me back and I explained my situation. She told me there was a tracking error that caused the double charge and one of them would come off in 3 to 5 business days. Now I had this exact same problem before with an Amazon third party where a double charge came out, so I called Amazon and they were very helpful and gave me a code to give to my bank so that the bank would credit the amount back to my account until the bad charge was taken off.

I inquired about this same kind of solution with the "customer service rep" and her response was (get this) "Oh it's normal to have double charges when you purchase items online, therefore we cannot give you anything to get your credit back to your account." Normal? YOU JUST SAID IT WAS A TRACKING ERROR and a FAULTY CHARGE! As angry as this made me, I kept my cool and politely ended the call. I will NEVER purchase another thing from this company again.

Total chaos in their ordering and billing process and from a quick Google search MANY people have had the same ordeal happen to them.

NO WONDER they're going bankrupt! BUYER BEWARE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Being able to order items online at a great price.

I didn't like: Being double charged and having a fluctuating account balance.

Comments

Hello! I have the same problem with toys r us!

did you ever get your money back? I had the same thing and they still haven't given my money back and it has been almost a month with at least a call a week I have made to customer service.

to Anonymous #1408440

Yes. It took a while but the money was eventually posted back to my account after talking with my bank as well.

I hope you get your funds back! Sooo ridiculous!

Toys R Us - Horrible customer service

2.5
Layout of Store

My first 2 initial meetings with Toys-R-Us customer service were actually great. My first was online via chat and she was awesome.

My next was an actual phone call and that customer service rep was great as well but unfortunately all it takes is one bad apple to ruin the bunch. My 3rd call consisted of a rep who wouldn't shut up for me to talk and clearly has a problem with listening as well. I finally had to tell her in my calm voice, "obviously there is a communication problem going on right now. So maybe you should remain silent while I explain the situation at hand".

I'm surprised she actually kept her trap shut. Needless to say, I will no longer be spending my money at Toys-R-Us again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service via phone.

Toys R Us - Worst customer service, especially for Canadian customers

I've had the worst customer service experience with Toys r' Us and do not understand how a company this large would have such fundamental flaws in their customer service model. I no longer have the desire to shop at Toys R Us when I can get a better and faster customer service experience at Walmart or Amazon.

Today, I called the 1-800-Toysrus number which is found on the toysrus.ca website. I had a question about making an online purchase. I spoke to "Matthew" who was not helpful at all. He acted as if he did not want to assist me at all, that I was a burden, and implied that I was giving him incorrect information when he was unable to pull up the products in question with the SKUs I was providing.

30 minutes later, I asked to speak with someone else. 15 mins later I was told by another customer service representative that he could not help me because I was looking at Toys R' Us Canada website and they were looking at Toys R' US website. He transferred me to another line but was disconnected within 5 minutes of waiting. I called back to the same 1-800 number as I had no other number to call, was placed on hold for over 30mins AGAIN.

While agent tried her best to connect me to the Cdn department, she did not have a number for me.

This is ridiculous, that not only can the US team not help (even though the 1-800 number on the .ca website is directed to US) but they don't know how to connect a Cdn customer to the Cdn department. Needless to say, this is the most infuriating experience.

Toys R Us - Refused to cancel order - shipping to wrong address

on 11/19/17 at 12:23a.m. I submitted a order online, when I hit complete I noticed that my zip code was incorrect, meaning that my package was going to be shipped to the wrong city.

I immediately called, thinking that they would be having someone to man the phones for on-line orders. They did not, which meant that I had to wait until they opened. At 7:00 a.m. I called and spoke with someone about changing my shipping address, I was told that they could not change a address, that the order would have to be cancelled.

When he tried to process the request it came up with a error code. He told me to refuse the order when I receive it, I again told him that I would not be receiving it because it was a wrong address. He put me on hold to speak to his supervisor, when he came back on he said that he had to send it to the cancellation department for them to cancel it. Cancellation ref.

# 171119-002344. I thought it was done, but 18hrs after I first place the order at 6:24 p.m., I received another e-mail that my order and been received. So on the 20th, I once again called to cancel the order. I gave the girl my order #, and my cancellation #, and I was told again to refuse shipment.

She told me to wait for email that the item had shipped and to call the shipping company to refuse shipment. So on 11/21 after receiving notice of shipment I called FedEx, and I was told by them that they could not cancel the item, it was in transit, and that four days later it was going to be delivered to the wrong address, but they would TRY to cancel it before it was delivered.

So now I wait, I find this to be totally uncalled for, I do not know where this gift will end up. Any other company would have simply changed the address or cancelled the order

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Toys R Us - Customer service

I went to Toys R Us in Merrillville Indiana 46410. I was receiving help for a young man and the upper management kept calling him to come up front.

they knew he was dealing with a customer. So he went of front and left me hanging and i walked up front and they ask if they could help me,I said yes i told them about there rudeness and the guy said he could help us. This new guy left me hanging and was talking to another management person i put my stuff back, by the way my cart was full and i still needed wagon and a leap pad. I guess customers are the last people to get help.

Thank you toys r us this will be my last trip here.

If they can't help customers today i hate to see what happens on black friday. I was at the store on 11-14-2017.