2.7
Layout of Store

Today like many years I went to toys r us to conducted my Christmas shopping. This year is even more exciting because I have a brand new infant and I haven't had an infant in my house hold in 8 years!!

Having a masters in Early childhood education I knew exactly what my baby needed. I carefully picked all her toys!! I picked toys for my middle daughter as well. I realized I had two carts and decided I would purchase the bigger most expensive items and put the smaller items on layaway because I was alone.

I had previously took advantage of toys r us layaway in the past. As I proceeded to the checkout register! I pushed one cart then pushed another cart! A store associate stopped me in front of many many people.

I thought maybe she was gonna offer to help me! She asked in a very loud voice are both of these carts yours I stated yes. She said are you gonna purchase these or put them on layaway with a very mean facial expression! I informed her all the larger items I was going to purchase and the smaller items I would put on layaway!

She went on to say You know you only have 4 1/2 weeks to pick up your layaway! I responded that's ok! I can't take it all with me today I am alone with a baby!! She went on to imply that I only have 4 1/2 weeks to get it out as if I couldn't afford the items that were in the cart!

And that she was running out of space in the back for the layaway that people won't come pick up! Instantly tears fell down my eyes REALLY! She embarrassed and insulted me in front of the whole store! I explained to her that I was offended I wanted to speak to a supervisor Turns out she was the supervisor!!

I told her do you know I shop at babies R Us all the time I am regular customer! Do you know despite that I am dressed down I am a young educated person! It is so sad that because I was dressed down in jeans and gym shoes that I was treated so unfairly that out of all the people shopping she singled me out! Not knowing that I am a middle class hard working American!

I ended buying my daughters cell phone and leaving the store without the gifts I so needed for my children! It is so sad that around the holidays someone could intentionally ruin and destroy your shopping experience! I have spent so much money in babies R Us alone this year!

I buy everything from them diapers and etc but after today's experience of being singled out and experiencing prejudice at its worst I don't think I will ever shop there again! I left the store literally in tears

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of toys r us customer care. Toys R Us needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned toys r us customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Toys R Us.

Comments