Thought I had learned my lesson last time I had an issue with Toys R Us, but a customer service was actually dedicated to providing ACTUAL customer service that day.

So I wanted to buy my son a toy chest that was on sale for 59.99 (normally 89.99). I called to see how long the item was on sale. I was told until Wed. (today). Yesterday, I called the store that I wanted to purchase it from to check if it was in stock. I was told it was. I come in today (after traveling nearly an hour to get to my nearest store) only to find that it's not in stock. Yet, the pink version is. I figure I could just paint over it for my son.

Then I found out the sale had already ended online. I asked if they could price match walmart. Was told they could but I had to bring in a physical ad. I asked if I could print it off their website since it's their REGULAR price for the item. I was told I couldn't because it'd be considered a online only price. That's ridiculous because Walmart isn't going to place every item they have in store in a physical weekly ad and especially not if it's their regular price.

So I gave up on getting it for a lower price than I wanted. I asked about using rewards that I was refunded by corporate. They said I couldn't use it by the reference despite that I was told that over the phone. So I left the store and wasted gas, time, and effort.

Then I tried to call in the order only to be told that I couldn't use my refunded rewards because a physical certificate had been issued 2 days ago (though they were refunded about a week ago) so I had to wait for that to come. I tried to speak to a supervisor who was very rude and condescending.

After I spend my $25 in rewards, I will never shop at Toys R Us and I will never accept anything purchased at Toys R Us for my son. That is how vehemently I detest Toys R Us and refuse to give them any revenue from me directly or indirectly. I hope in the future you figure out what customer service actually means and train your employees to know the same.

Even with how I feel, I may just let the $25 go to waste just to avoid dealing with you all. I will be posting this on every website and blog and review I can find dealing with Toys R Us just to let everyone I can know how poor your customer service is.

Comments