Throughout the past week and a half, I have spoken with Toys R Us customer service 3-4 times, regarding an issue with their purchase via internet. It is rejecting the ability to purchase, with an offer that the company provides.

In my attempt to get this issue resolved, I was told "wait until it works" and "do not accept the offer, and then it should work". I have found that Toys R Us has no real consideration for their customers, or the children that their customers are purchasing for. In a number of efforts to work out a way to resolve the issue and meet my needs, the customer service representatives had the "deer in a headlight" responses, which typically are claiming ignorance, but no resolution or repeated apologies, but no resolution. It does not matter who I call, or who I write to, their is no real customer service or support by this company that use to be a store I wanted to shop at, when I was a child.

My siblings and I completed, to acquire that honor of a visit. And now, I would rather visit WalMart (you have no idea what that means to me to say) or Five Below, in an attempt to fix what the desire to purchase from Toys R Us just broke.

If you offer a no interest period on a purchase, but can not actually allow the purchase due to a massive response, then either get rid of the offer or suck it up and figure out how to provide what is offered!

Reason of review: Poor Customer Service, payment issues, product offer invalid, and no resolutions to the issues.

Preferred solution: I would like the offer of no interest for 6 months (as listed on the page) for the items that would have been purchased (I have a PDF print of the items, and will purchase), and Toys R Us expediting the delivery, to meet the Christmas deadline..

I liked: Pricing promised.

I didn't like: Customer service, Inability to honor promotion, Lack of knowledge by reps, Trying to order items, Site issues.

Comments