Toys R Us - Simple Review #1484445745

Layout of Store

Their managers are very very rude to their employees and try to purposely get them in trouble to make them look good. I hope you never work for them because they are a disgrace!

The managers lie threw their teeth and NEVER resolve issues! Never will I shop there again in the Mishawaka location and the managers should never be managers!

Toys R Us - Manager Review from Wayne, New Jersey

3.8
Layout of Store

About two or three weeks ago I went to the Babies R Us, in Totowa NJ... It was a Sunday, and supervisor I believe her name was dre thanks to her name badge.

She was being incompetent talking about how their was no manager on duty and how she can't do this. Running around and pretty much making be me feel the stress or whatever she was feeling. I just wanted to leave but she was being slow talking about her business out loud. Which you shouldn't makes you look bad.

And I remember her yelling a this poor girl who was running around helping everyone.. Telling you she can multi task because I saw her running around like a confident person taking on the stress that her supervisor was going through or whatever. Than that supervisor yells at her telling her the two people who called in coming late why she didn't tell anyone.. The girl stayed silent saying I paged a manager but no one answered I put them on hold for ten minutes and just said OK come in I'll let someone know.

The supervisor yelled at the sweet little employee telling her she is nothing. She isn't anyone and she shouldn't have spoken to them. The supervisor was being a total *** and I could remember this girls face like she was humiliated she said nothing left and helped someone else. I give her props the girl.

If a supervisor spoke to me like that I would have just left. All I did was looking down feeling so bad for the employee and feeling annoyed that this supervisor spoke out in front of customers in such a condescending way..

I wanted to intervene but who knows that supervisor would have probably spoke bad to me as well. I just left and felt so bad for this employee and before I left I told her you are amazing and you should get promoted to a higher position because you seem more put together and more like leader than that supervisor.

Toys R Us - Manager Review from Springfield, Missouri

2.8
Layout of Store

The portage, mi location is the worse one ive ever been too. The store manager is extremly rude, i only know he was the store manager because when i went to complain about the man who was incredibly rude, he was the one the service people called to talk to me.

The girl at the service desk, a red haired lady was just as rude. Why do you people think that you can insult and belittle someone?

I will never shop there again, and ill be sure to spread the word about how rude, and unsound they are. Learn how to treat people with respect toys r us!

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Manager.

Toys R Us - Going elsewhere from now on.

2.4
Layout of Store

Stockton California's Toys R Us clearly has an unprofessional and unresponsive manager named Yvonne. When a issue developed with a truly condescending clerk who was bothered to have to serve me, then when I showed my id for credit card purchase and wasn't quick enough to show her my credit card stated in a very snotty manner, "Why do you think I need ID?" as if she was talking to someone ten steps below her.

I told her I wanted to see the manager, who turned out to be this woman named Yvonne who proceeded to accuse me of calling the clerk names. I looked the clerk straight in the eyes and said, what do you claim I called you? All I said was you were snooty. She confirmed this.

Yvonne's response was "We don't have to put up with custormers who call our clerk's names. Well Toys R Us, you don't have to deal with me or my hundreds of friends who are henceforth boycotting the store (Oh and I've already got commitments form 237 people to do so).

There are better stores with more professional individuals staffing them. We don't need you!

Comments

Always the cashiers. Maybe you had the attitude .

It's sad when customers walk in acting as if their better than the cashiers. Get over yourself.

Move on. Life is way too short

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1214670

good grief. Such a big deal over nothing.

There are worse things in life than some *** clerk getting snotty. Just put her in her place and move on.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1214637

Complain direct to corporate. They have a website.

Toys R Us - Horrible Store Manager

I've been a regular customer at the Toys R us in Massapequa for many many years and have never dealt with such a nasty store manager. He never smiles, greets or even tries to help me find what i'm looking for.

I have heard him speak horribly and just degrade his employees while on the sales floor in front of customers. The employees at this store are always very helpful and take the time to speak to my son but recently they all look very stressed and as if they don't even want to be there. Don't get me wrong they are still very nice but you can tell the difference since he got to the store. I didn't even know his name, because he never wears his name tag, until recently because I over heard someone call him on the walkie talkie for help because a customer wanted to speak to him.

He, Maurice, was just standing in an aisle not doing anything and told the employee that he was busy. I mean I thought we the customer deserve a lot more respect than that. I've come into the store with my son 2 Saturdays in a row because my son loves and looks forward to the events Toys R Us has and have had to tell my son that it was canceled. When I ask I'm told it's because the person who does the events is the only person on register and the store manager doesn't think they should hold the event.

When I looked by register I saw that for a Saturday they only had 2 cashiers. I've never seen that or any store with only 2 cashiers on a Saturday. This Store Manager is going to run my child's favorite store to the ground. I honestly didn't want to call customer service to complain because I've never ever complained about any retail.

I worked in retail when I was younger and know how rough it is but felt like I needed to say something. Customers and employees shouldn't be treated the way I've seen this Store Manager treat people on several occasions. I don't even want a call back, I know nothing really gets done when customers complain but maybe a small slap on the wrist.

I just rather not walk into that store until he is gone. Which sadly means I will have to explain to my son why it is that he can't go into his favorite store anymore.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Manager.

Preferred solution: Speak to the Store Manager or send him for training on how to have better customer and employee relations.

I liked: Employees.

I didn't like: Manager maurice.

Toys R Us Manager Review

he was cursing at employees! yelling and belittling them in front of guests!

treats them like garbage! threatens with termination will not relocate them to other stores! this manager(david) is nasty and needs to be transferred somewhere else! this store always had polite managers this one is rude!!

he treats his staff like they owe him something and they are beneath him!(needs to be drug tested) toys r us middle village needs a new manager asap! the store is not organized and hes always outside taking a "smoke" break!i hope someone will see this and help the staff relocate this so called manager!e

He's *** ***?!????? I feel so sorry

Toys R Us - Simple Review #1457838189

Thompson,Connecticut
2.9
Layout of Store

Horrible customer service for online ordering! Spoke to agent, supervisor and manager and none of them had an appropriate solution for the problem.

Toys R Us - Simple Review #1450934960

Toys r us lost my child christmas layaway that i had paid for over a month in advance.they told me my layaway was ready to be picked up and when i got there i waited over an hour for them to tell me it was not there. The manager was rude and never once said we are sorry or act as if she cared im so pissed its 2days before christmas and toysrus has ruined it for my children.

Toys R Us - Manager Review from Long Beach, California

Toys R Us

Bell Gardens CA 90201

12/23/15

Manager: Brandy

Sales rep: Jacquline

I ordered an item online & received an email confirmation my order was ready. After being in traffic over an hour I arrived to find out the store location never had the item. The entire item was scanned incorrectly. Now I completely understand it wasn't the reps fault however they were completely unapologetic & showed no type of empathy for the situation. So not only am I out of $54.74 for the holiday season, I am also out of the toy my kids are expecting for Christmas. The rep informed me my refund will reflect in 2 hours and the manager advised possibly 3 business days. My experience today was terrible and unsatisfactory. With that being said I will never shop at Toys R Us or Babies R Us ever again. I am a supervisor in customer service & I am appalled at how I was treated today.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Manager.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Same feelings toward customer service as you! They never once said, "Sorry, we messed up." They kept me on the phone forever only to tell me to ship the item back to them!

I am very sorry to hear that I work at toysrus and I am very tired of how my customers are treated constant verbal abuse towards my customers managers sitting on there high horse treating you guys with such disrelect I am looking for a different job I am very tired of toysrus

The same exact thing just happened to me I just made it home from the toys r us in Memphis Tennessee and my order has been misplaced or they never got it in although I received confirmation it was ready for pick up

Toys R Us - Humiliated customer

Featured Not resolved

I was humiliated by the manager at Toy R Us Greece, NY location. I went to purchase Christmas items for needed children.

I notice while in the store the Boom Nerf guns were on sale for 50% off. I grab several of the guns. When I got to the register the items rang up full price. I said to the Cashier "I'll go get the sign with says 50%." Because there were a lot of people in the store and I didn't want to hold up the line up.

The cashier said, "I have to call a manager". We waited about ten minutes before a manager came. The Manager came she never acknowledge me. I'm not sure what the Cashier said to her but the Manager’s speech was at a loud pitch when she said "All Nerf items aren't on sale".

I said “these Nerf items I'm interested in are on sale; we can go in the back to get the sign.” She said “I don’t have time for this.” I said again “We can go in the back to get the sign” and proceeded to walk towards the back of the store. When we got to the back there were two signs which advertised 50% off Boom Nerf. Instead of the situation being resolved it escalated. I was refused service and law enforcement was called.

I would like to go into more details if someone from Toy R Us is willing to contact me.

I also would like to know if this is common practices for Toy R Us management not address a customer with greetings and not to have the common knowledge to diffuse issues that arise in the store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Toys R Us Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Treatment i received from the manager tammy.

Comments

there's quite a bit missing from the post. they wouldn't have just called the cops for nothing.

you say you went back to where they were with the signs then all of a sudden you mention how they called the cops.

what happened in between that? obviously something escalated probably you raising your voice demanding that you get your way or the highway most likely

people like you make me wish I didn't work retail but its the other 99% of the great customers that keep me coming back.

and for the record I don't work at toys r us but I do work retail.

to Anonymous #1088494

I started arguing, using some profanity and they said not to use that language in front of children. Not that it is any of your business.

I am not going to lie, I was perhaps overboard. But still even if the misunderstanding was mine, which when I went back later I realized I misunderstood the signs and the Nerf guns I wanted were full price, they should have given them to me for half price since I told them they were for needed children. I feel it shameful that I had to lie and say that they were for needed children in hopes to buy the Boom Nerf guns for my own children.

I was hoping if I told them it was for needed children they would give the discount anyway, or give them for free, but no. Before you judge, me I make minimum wage and wanted to get my children the popular toys their friends all have.

Sorry you have an apologist commentiong below when you were clearly wronged. Truth is retail "managers" are completely horrendous and a joke, especially when you're talking low-brow stores like these worldwide profit machines.

aka Wal mart, toys r us. I had a similar experience in a lingerie store where a sign had 5$ on it, and the item directly in front was 20$. Rather than have any remote idea of what customer service means, like politely explaining, diffusing, apologixing for having a bit of a laugh at their customers by tricking us into thinking things are cheaper than they are, the "manager" is rude for no reason like I am trying to scam her company out of money and like I am some child who will start yelling and throwing things around if I don't get my way. They don't get trained, they get their 12$ an hour which is RICHES in retail and get told to deal with us pieces of garbage (aka customer) in the cheapest manner possible.

Don't feel bad, just do your shopping online so you don't need those idiots. And if you have complaints about something, well good luck with that. Send off an email or a letter you'll probably have more luck.

-signed, a call center customer service person for the past 10 years who does a dang good job which is very, very rare. (I mean really people in our culture don't even have an inkling of what serving someone means, their giant selfish egos get in the way I think)

If they felt the problem was bad enough to call law enforcement, I doubt they will get back to you except to trespass you permanently from the store. Remember, the placement of signs is only of minor importance on the actual price and the signs get moved all the time.

View more comments