2.0

I ordered A dream on me Lacey portable bassinet and cradle item. Yesterday I checked the tracking number because it had been one week and I still had not received it. While checking the tracking number I noticed it said a shipping label was created on January 27th however there was no further update after that. I immediately called Toys "R" Us customer service to ask them what was going on and what the status was of my item. To my surprise they responded telling me that the item is no longer available and it would not be arriving to me anymore. They also said that they do not know when the item would be in stock again. What utterly shocked me more was that Toys "R" Us never sent me an email or a phone call or any type of contact to tell me that my item was not arriving anymore after I paid for it! Now after shopping for at Toys "R" Us and babies R us for so many years I feel like my money would be stolen if I ever stepped into the physical store again or online store. The customer rep refunded me my money, however he said that all he could do is give me a measly promo code for a future purchase and that if I had any further concerns to contact corporate. My money would not have even been refunded if I wouldn't have contacted them because never even tried to contact me ever. Being that I am currently nine months pregnant, I chose not to debate with him. However I find this so very unprofessional. First, because I never was contacted that my item wasn't coming. Secondly, because I was never compensated for any inconvenience this has caused me. Believe me this has caused a HUGE inconvenience in that I am nine months pregnant and in need for the bassinet because the baby will be coming any day now. Instead I am left with absolutely nothing, and super anxious that my baby will not have her bassinet home and assembled in time for her arrival. The time I was waiting for my bassinet to arrive to my house and not knowing that it was not going to arrive I could have just purchased it from target or Walmart or Amazon.com. and had my daughters sleeping place ready with a peace of mind as a mother to a newborn. What concerns me also is that your number one target market are moms and your Company could allow something this to happen to a mother about to birth a child! I was really hoping I could get some feedback from customer service or corporate to help me with this issue. However, unfortunately according to the customer rep it seems like an endless road and like there is nothing you guys can do. If that is true I will probably never step foot into a Toys "R" Us or babiesRus again just because I feel like I was so cheated. I would also like to make you aware of what happened considering mothers who are nine months pregnant should not be going through such a horrible unprofessional experience right before their baby will arrive. It should never happen and I am so truly disappointed in toysrus and let down.

Thank you, and I appreciate your time for reading this.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of portable cradle from Toys R Us. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Toys R Us to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Toys R Us for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Frankfort, Kentucky, United States #940884

The same thing just happened to me yesterday. I ordered a crib in the store on 1/31/15, received an email stating that it had shipped out with a tracking number.

On 2/2/15 I received and email with the subject "Credit enclosed for your cancelled order". Now as you can imagine I'm really confused because why would my order be cancelled when it had already shipped out. I called customer service and spoke with a rep explained to her the emails that I recieved. She asked me for the e-giftcard number that was sent for credit.

She then informs me that the order was cancelled because the bed was not in stock and that the e-giftcard only contained $50 of my refund. I asked her how that was even possible because I spent $478 on the crib. She then states she knew that and she will have to fill out some paperwork to get me my full refund and it would take 48 to 72 hours for me to recieve it. I was never offered any compensation, just simply an "I'm sorry".

I was not satisfied so I asked to speak to her supervisor. He then informs me that my order was cancelled because the crib could not be shipped to your home, it had to be shipped to the store for pick-up. This would have been fine, if I was notified of this, He never once offered any compensation for this huge inconvenience. after I mentioned to him that they hadn't even tried to make the situation right, I was told I could re-order the bed and recieve 10% off.

I never received any notification that my order was cancelled. I'm in my 3rd trimester and extremely stressed over this because I cannot purchase a new bed until I receive my money. I just cannot believe they would just cancel an order without contacting the purchaser with an explanation, and not to mention my refund only had $50 of the $478 I spent. Very poor customer service.

I will be contacting corporate about this issue. This is unacceptable, because none of this was my fault!

The order was completed in store by a sales associate, who stated it could be sent to my house. I'm so angry at this point.