I ordered Doc McStuffins Deluxe Check-Up Center (the Toyrus exclusive) using the online layaway feature back in October. I made the appropriate payments and then went into the store last week to pick-up the item.

Except the store didn't have the correct item. They had put another item on layaway that was half the price. The sales staff were surprised that I wouldn't accept an item that was half the price and wasn't what I ordered. When I requested the original order be fulfilled, I was told the exclusive version of the check-up center was sold out nationwide, but the regular version was available if it was ordered online.

I accepted the regular version, but requested that express shipping be paid for by Toyrus as I needed the toy before I left the country. The manager, who I had been working with agreed to cover the extra shipping cost, and placed the order online. Of course the item hasn't arrived when Toysrus indicated it would, and I have no idea if I'm going to receive the substitute item before Xmas.

It's no wonder Toysrus is failing. If someone in the layaway department had just double checked the item at anytime before October and last week, all of this could have been avoided.

Now, I've been forced to purchase this item elsewhere to make sure I have it in time for the holidays.

Reason of review: Wrong item provided..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments